In 2003 to 2006 she organised community engagement in the then known as Ferrier Estate in Greenwich London Some of her volunteering work includes:
- 2000– 2004 – She was vice Chair of Ferrier Residents Action Group (FRAG).
- 2001 – 2005 – A volunteer Liaison community development officer
- 2002 –Volunteer with Greenwich Community Law Centre and trained as Legal Adviser
- 2003 – 2011 -director of Paraiso Samba School, Security Coordinator, Participation officer
- 2003 – Member of the Greenwich Diversity Board
- 2006 – Healthier Greenwich Executive Group Community Representative
- 2003 – 2005 – community representative with Greenwich Community Network and LSP Board member
- 2005 – Vice – chair of the Greenwich Community Network 2005 – 2009 Borough wide housing panel Member
- 2005 – Vice chair of the Ferrier/Blackheath Housing Panel 2007 – 2008 –School for Social Entrepreneur Graduate
- 2008 – 2015 – Founded/Developing Kidbrooke Community Enterprises
- 2007 – 2015 – Managing/Developing Guarida Community Cafe
Her current project is focused on developing her signature brand, Kidbrooke Community Enterprises (KCE), with little to no funding.
KCE, a Cooperative Social Enterprise Company Limited by Guarantee, founded in 2008 by Rosa Goncalves, with the support of community minded residents. Back then its work focused on ensuring the Kidbrooke community benefited from the regeneration of the area. Today, KCE is going through many changes. With a new board of directors working with Rosa to further develop KCE to brand to other areas of Greenwich and London.
Having moved KCE from the now regenerated Kidbrooke area, to the Woolwich Common Estate in Royal Greenwich, with some support from the local authority, Rosa aims to facilitate and maximise the potential to secure local residents position by giving them a voice in the local area development plans.