The Rising Star awards recognise the achievements of women who are below Senior Management or Director level, therefore representing the female talent pipeline and the next generation of future leaders. The awards also recognise the efforts of senior leaders who are championing gender equality, as well as putting the spotlight on a “company of the year” that is actively supporting its female talent pipeline above and beyond industry norms.
We are proud to announce that this year, we will add to our existing Rising Star award winner alumni of 200 women by recognising the achievements of an additional 150 women and 10 champions in the UK and India throughout 2017.
By highlighting the accolades of inspirational female talent, WeAreTheCity hopes to encourage organisations and business leaders to invest in and recognise women as leaders of tomorrow and additionally, as individual contributors within their respective industries.
The Rising Star awards are open for nominations from 01 February 2017 via the Rising Star website.
Our Rising Star sponsors for 2017 will be announced on 09 January 2017.
A female individual who works within one of the industry sector categories whose current position is below director level
A senior individual of any gender who is championing gender equality either inside or outside their organisation
A nomination for a company that clearly articulates their commitment to supporting their female talent pipeline
Nominating an individual, champion or a company is straightforward. Simply tell us in no more than 150 words why you believe the individual/company you are nominating deserves a Rising Star award. Before nominating, please ensure you have checked your entry against the criteria set out below and viewed our terms and conditions.
• Open to all women regardless of age
• Nominees must be below senior management level (e.g. below Director level)
• Nominees must be working within the industry of the category for which they are nominated
• Nominees must be working in the UK
• Someone who is or who has the potential to be a role model in their business or sector
• Someone who strives to achieve success and results
• Someone who gives back or inspires others
• Someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in their industry
• Open to all genders
• Nominees must be Director level (or equivalent) or above
• Nominees must demonstrate that they have actively supported the female pipeline either through their current work role or external activities
• Nominees must be working in the UK
• Open to all UK-based companies
• Company must be able to provide evidence of gender-based initiatives that have successfully supported and developed their female talent pipeline
Once a nomination is submitted, the nominee will be sent a series of questions by the WeAreTheCity team to respond to (including supplying any supporting information requested) by the closing date of 24 March 2017. If the supporting documentation is not received by this deadline, WeAreTheCity will be unable to process the nomination and the entry will be void.
Once nominations have closed on 24 March 2017, all completed entries will be sent to our first round of judges. Once the judging has concluded, WeAreTheCity will publish the shortlist on to the Rising Star website and via our Twitter and Facebook.
The shortlist will consist of ten women from each industry category and five from the Champion category alongside three shortlisted companies for the Company of the Year award. All shortlisted individuals will be invited to celebrate their success at an evening event hosted by Bloomberg on 08 June 2017. Once the shortlist is announced, we will also open the public votes of support, which enables individuals to show their support for a specific shortlisted individual.
The results of the public vote will also be factored into the final scores by acting as an additional judge. Please note there is no public vote for the Champions or the Company of the Year award category. Finally, the shortlist will be judged by a second set of industry judges who will help us to establish our final 100 Rising Stars, our five winning Champions and our Company of the Year for 2017.
All winners will be announced by mid June 2017 and invited to attend a prestigious evening reception on 12 July 2017 at News UK’s headquarters in London to celebrate and collect their awards.
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.