Nominations are now open for WeAreTheCity India’s Rising Star Awards, highlighting the achievements of the female talent pipeline across India.
We are now seeking nominations for our Rising Star awards. The nomination period is open between 01 August – 31 August.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Over the next three months, 50 women below senior management and five senior champions from a wide range of industries and professions will be chosen by our judges as winners of this year’s Rising Star awards in India.
We need your help to find these individuals so we can shine a well deserved light on their achievements.
By highlighting the accolades of inspirational female talent, WeAreTheCity hopes to encourage organisations and business leaders to invest in and recognise women as leaders of tomorrow and individual contributors within their respective industries. Recognising that careers for women may follow different timescales, the Top 50 Rising Star India awards will not have any age restrictions included within the criteria. WeAreTheCity feels it has a responsibility to ensure that female talent, regardless of age and background, receives the necessary support and skills to transition into key decision-making roles within our organisations.
Vanessa Vallely, Founder and CEO of WeAreTheCity, said: “I am delighted to bring our Rising Star awards to India. I have watched WeAreTheCity India grow over the last two years under the direction of local, professional women and have met some truly talented and inspirational women. I hope that by raising the profile of our members and other women across India that we are able to highlight just how important the female talent pipeline is to Indian businesses and the Indian economy as a whole.”
Jo Gaglani, Chair of WeAreTheCity India said: “WeAreTheCity India has come a long way since its launch in 2013. We have had some unique events for our members supported by our sponsors and have grown organically. The Rising Star awards is a natural next step for WeAreTheCity India to highlight and celebrate upcoming female talent across India.”
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
Sponsored by Barclays, the Rising Stars nomination process is now open.
Nominations will take place online via WeAreTheCity.in. A shortlist of 100 women from a range of industries and ten shortlisted champions will be chosen in September by an esteemed panel of judges. The shortlist will then be open to a public vote.
The top 50 Rising Stars will be announced late October and all winners will be invited to attend a prestigious evening reception on 09 November in Mumbai to collect their awards and celebrate alongside our sponsors, judges and esteemed guests.
We would like to receive Rising Star nominations from the following industries and professions:
|Banking||Health & Wellbeing||Media & Journalism|
|Insurance||Entrepreneurial / Small Business Owners||Sport|
|Technology||Charity / NGO||Sales, Marketing & Public Relations|
|Hospitality||Public Sector||HR, Recruitment & Diversity|
|Arts, Culture and Media||Personal Assistant / Executive Assistant||Education & Academia|
There will also be a category for Rising Star Champions. This category will support the efforts of senior male or female leaders who are actively supporting gender either within or outside their organisations.
We are delighted to be the lead sponsor of the Rising Star Awards which recognises the achievements of talented women on their way to the top; the contributions they make to their organisations and society in general. – Mark McLane, Managing Director, Head of Global Diversity and Inclusion at Barclays PLC
- Open to all women regardless of age
- Nominees must be below senior/middle management
- Nominees must be working in India and be an Indian national
- Anyone can nominate a woman for an award – managers, employees, family members, friends
- Individuals can nominate themselves
- Nominations can be either male or female
- Nominees must be in senior positions and be actively championing women and gender
- Someone who is making a difference in their industry
- Someone who strives to achieve success and results
- Someone who demonstrates passion and drive
- Someone who gives back or inspires others
- Someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in their industry
- Someone who is a champion of women in their business or sector
- 01 Aug: Nominations open
- 31 Aug: Nominations close
- 26 Sep: Top 100 shortlist announced and public voting opens for all shortlisted nominees
- 14 Oct: Public voting closes for all shortlisted nominees
- 24 Oct: Top 50 Rising Stars announced
- 09 Nov: Top 50 Rising Star reception and awards ceremony for winners, sponsors, judges and esteemed guests
Established in 2014, WeAreTheCity India has helped thousands of women enhance their careers and businesses through dedicated events, networking groups and its own platform WeAreTheCity.in. Now in its third year, WeAreTheCity India is more committed than ever to highlighting the achievements of the female talent pipeline across the country.
In 2015, WeAreTheCity set a strategic objective of promoting the achievements and supporting the careers of 500 women over the next five years, both in the UK and India. Through WeAreTheCity’s Rising Star awards, and with the support of a number of key organisations, WeAreTheCity plans to add to the list of 150 UK winners by recognising the efforts of an additional 50 women in India.
Rising Stars in the UK
WeAreTheCity launched Rising Stars in the UK in 2015 and since then has recognised the achievements of 150 women. The first awards in 2015 awarded 50 women from 10 different industries as Rising Stars. In 2016, due to the success of the 2015 awards, Rising Stars was expanded to recognise 100 women from 20 industry sectors alongside five senior Rising Star champions.
The social media interest in Rising Stars for the 2016 awards has been phenomenal:
- 850 nominations received
- 30,000 tweets received during the process
- Our campaign twitter handle #watctop100 trended a number of times throughout the awards process
- 110 countries were reached through the public vote
- 28,000 votes received for our shortlisted nominees
To see profiles and images of our 2016 Rising Star Awards, click here.
If you are interested in sponsoring the Rising Star Awards in India, please email [email protected] for more details.
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED