Nominations open 1st June 2015 – click here
WeAreTheCity is delighted to announce the launch of the WATC Top 50 Rising Stars Awards for 2015.
These new awards are the first to focus on the UK’s female talent pipeline below management level and will celebrate 50 female individual contributors that represent the leaders & role models of tomorrow. We hope that by raising the profile of our short list and winners, we will also encourage organisations to consider how they strengthen the development of their female pipeline in the future.
Recognising that careers for women may follow different timescales, the Top 50 Rising Star awards will not have any age restrictions included within the criteria. We feel we have a responsibility to ensure that female talent regardless of age and background receives the necessary support and skills to transition into key decision-making roles within our organisations.
“The need for more women in senior leadership roles is widely recognised. At Barclays, we want to go further – we believe in cultivating a pipeline of female talent across all levels of the organisation, from the executive assistant right through to the boardroom. These awards recognise the considerable achievements of talented women and our sponsorship reflects our commitment to support the women that come through our ranks to stay until leadership.” – Mark McLane, Managing Director, Global Head of Diversity and Inclusion at Barclays PLC
WeAreTheCity will use its extensive reach across the UK & Ireland to find 50 high-achieving women across 10 key industries and professions
The WATC awards will be officially launched on 01 June 2015 with support from organisations such as Morgan Stanley, Barclays, Lloyds, Societe Generale, Reed Smith, Ladbrokes & Twenty Recruitment.
The nominations process opens on 01 June 2015 for all categories and will take place online at wearethecity.com. A shortlist of 10 for each category will be judged by WeAreTheCity and published during July. Judging of the final 5 winners for each category will take place with the category sponsors & independent judges during August. The 50 winners will be announced in September where they will be invited to celebrate their awards at a champagne reception.
- Rising Stars in Banking
- Rising Stars in Consulting
- Rising Stars in Investment Management
- Rising Stars in Law
- Rising Stars in Technology
- Rising Stars in Insurance
- Rising Stars in Media & Journalism
- Rising Stars Personal & Exec Assistants
- Rising Stars in Recruitment & HR
- Rising Stars in Sport
Sponsors of each category will be announced on the 1st of June
Criteria for entries
- Open to all women regardless of age
- Nominees must be below management
- Nominees must be working within the industry of the category they are nominated for
- Individuals can nominate themselves
How we define a rising star
- Someone who is making a difference in their industry
- Someone who demonstrates passion and drive
- Someone who gives back or inspires others
- Someone who is recognised by others as having the potential to become a future leader in their industry
- 01 June: Nominations open for all categories
- 26 June: Nominations close for all categories
- 20 July: Top 10 short list from each category announced/public voting opens for all shortlisted nominees
- 31 July: Public voting closes for all shortlisted nominees
- 01 September: Top 5 Rising Stars for each category announced
- Sept TBC: Top 50 Rising Stars drinks reception and awards for winners, guests and sponsors